Date Added: 7 January 2021
: 29 January 2021
Job Title: Public Affairs Intern
Working For: PPA
Location: Internet, currently working remotely
Salary: £9.50 per hour based on a 35 hour week
Hours: Full time, flexible options available
Contract: Six months
Based: London, currently working remotely
Reporting to: Senior Public Affairs Executive
The Professional Publishers Association (PPA) is the membership network for UK consumer magazine and business media publishers.
This 6-month paid internship offers a unique opportunity to gain experience is a small but busy public affairs team. You will help build on PPA’s advocacy, representing this £4bn industry, helping respond to relevant government consultations, seeking opportunities to promote the sector, and raising the profile of the PPA and magazine media in Westminster and Devolved Administrations.
The role will involve the following opportunities and responsibilities:
• parliamentary-influencing activities engaging closely with parliamentary processes and functions;
• political communications with parliamentarians and their staff, and with political parties;
• work with external parliamentary monitoring agency and identify opportunities for promoting the organisation’s work;
• provide ongoing analysis of legislation, and political and parliamentary processes;
• produce briefing papers and written communications materials that have impact for external audiences;
• help build PPA’s profile within Parliament, Whitehall and Devolved Administrations;
You will be a self-starter with honed political antennae, an enthusiasm for hard work, and an ambition to build your experience in public affairs. Working in a small, collaborative team, you will need strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• understanding of the workings of Parliament;
• ability to prioritise workloads and balance conflicting demands;
• diplomatic and persuasive approach;
• a passion for magazine media in all its forms;
• experience of researching, analysing and communicating complex issues an advantage;
• excellent administrative and time management skills; highly organised and efficient, with a meticulous approach to detail;
• high sense of personal responsibility;
• enthusiastic, self-motivated, and outgoing;
• able to establish productive relationships with people at all levels;
Closing Date: 29 January 2021
Applications for this post closed 11:59pm on the closing date.
To apply for this role please send your CV and short covering letter to email@example.com