Date Added: 7 January 2021
: 24 January 2021
Job Title: Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer X 2
Working For: Abena Oppong-Asare MP (Erith and Thamesmead)
Salary: £24,000 - £33,000 (Dependent on experience)
Abena Oppong-Asare MP is seeking two hardworking and motivated individuals to take on the role of Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer to support her Erith and Thamesmead constituency work. This role is constituency based or working from home, dependent on COVID.
This is an opportunity to be part of a busy team dealing with the increased and ongoing demand for an MP's support arising from the COVID-19 crisis.
You will also attend meetings with the MP in the constituency. Flexibility to work on the occasional evening and weekend will be required, which will be compensated with time off in lieu.
• Manage and progress a varied portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress, analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
• Attend Abena’s constituency surgeries and other meetings relating to constituents’ queries and casework
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Provide administrative support for the office
• Previous casework experience and knowledge of immigration, housing and welfare casework is desirable
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a positive and flexible approach
• Excellent IT skills including ability to use a casework database
• Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard
• Motivated to work independently and as part of a small team
• Experience of casework
• Legal or advice experience
• Produce online graphics & video content, including news alerts
Abena champions equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from people with diverse lived experiences.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2021
Closing time for applications is midnight.
Interviews scheduled via zoom from Wednesday 27th January, 2021.
Start date as soon as possible but negoiatable.
Please send an email with the subject line 'Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer Application - YOUR NAME' to:
Please attach a CV and a covering letter (one page max).