Date Added: 7 January 2021
: 22 January 2021
Job Title: Employed Intern (part time, fixed term)
Working For: Chris Elmore MP (Ogmore)
Salary: FTE £20,962.50
• Fixed term contract for 6 months, with possibility of extension.
• Chris Elmore, MP for Ogmore, is looking for an intern to join his Westminster Office for 3 days per week.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
• Assisting on projects
• Assisting with diary management
• Assisting/learning how to manage casework
• Assisting/learning how to monitor media coverage and brief MP
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as part of training
• Basic administrative support
• Learning/assisting in drafting responses to constituents
• Assist with preparing and presenting briefing notes for committees, parliamentary questions, debates etc
• Open, handle and action email, post and telephone enquiries
• Assisting in appropriate research
The following skills are desirable:
• Working knowledge of devolution settlement
• Proven ability to produce engaging content
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Interview date – will be held w/c 8th February 2021
Start date: 01/03/2021
Please email your CV and one page covering letter (as a pdf) setting out why you want to do this job and how your skills are relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Employed Intern 2021.