Date Added: 11 January 2021
: 22 January 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Stuart Andrew MP (Pudsey)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Location: Initially working from home, then constituency based
Stuart Andrew MP is looking for a full time Caseworker to support his office. The role will be initially working from home and then based in the constituency office. The candidate should be experienced, confident and able to use their initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that all constituency casework enquiries are accurately logged; progressed and completed
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Draft responses to constituents
• Deal with queries from members of the public
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Assist with community engagement
• Social media
• Excellent communication skills, including written and oral
• Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
• Competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel)
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third-party organisations
• Continually maintain, update and develop personal knowledge of demanding, specialised or complex cases
• Ability to prioritise and manage own caseload
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills as the role involves effective teamworking with Stuart Andrew MP and the Westminster based staff
• The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld
• Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Hours: Full Time
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Interview/Start date: As soon as possible
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org with Caseworker Application in the subject title.
A short written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.