Date Added: 11 January 2021
: 1 February 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Affairs and Research Manager
Working For: Labour Friends of Israel
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience
Full-time. 12 month, fixed-term contract.
Labour Friends of Israel seeks an experienced individual to manage the organisation’s parliamentary and political work, as well as to produce high-quality briefings for MPs, peers and others and oversee our research function.
You will have parliamentary experience and/or experience in working in a think-tank, campaign group or other political organisation. You will also have a demonstrable knowledge of Israel and the wider Middle East.
You will possess excellent written and oral skills and be able to balance multiple demands on your time. You will also possess a keen eye for detail and strong research skills.
You will work with the Director to build and maintain relations with parliamentarians and other key Labour stakeholders, both in the UK and in Israel. You will be responsible for organising and leading on delegations to Israel and Palestine.
You will also conduct research and write high-quality briefings for MPs, peers and others, as well as assisting in the preparation of policy papers.
You will be responsible for LFI’s digital output and social media communications, helping to maintain and build our public profile through our campaigning and advocacy work.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Parliamentary experience and/or experience in working in a think-tank, campaign group or other political organisation;
- Good knowledge of the Labour party and parliamentary processes;
- Strong research skills and a demonstrable knowledge of Israel and the wider Middle East;
- An ability to digest, distil and explain complex issues in briefings, both written and oral;
- Strong digital communications and IT skills, including Microsoft Office and social media;
- Commitment to the Labour party’s core aims and values.
The post is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal.
Closing Date: 1 February 2021
Closing time for application: 9am
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter of no more than two pages outlining your suitability for this post, showing how you meet the criteria outlined above, to firstname.lastname@example.org
LFI values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.