Date Added: 12 January 2021
: 22 January 2021
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Dr Ben Spencer MP (Runnymede and Weybridge)
Location: Runnymede and Weybridge
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000
Dr Ben Spencer is looking for a Constituency Assistant for an initial 6 month full time contract.
• Oversee and progress a portfolio of constituency project work:
o Oversee several projects with a range of short/medium/long term goals
o Coordinate with constituents and a range of key local stakeholders and members of the team
o Produce reports and outputs from meetings such as materials for publication
o Correspond with organisations and constituents to progress work as necessary
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Deal with a large number of standard queries from members of the public by phone, email, or face to face
• Draft responses to constituents
• Additional duties to support the wider team as required
This position also offers scope for extension and career progression for those wishing to develop in the role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Ability to work independently overseeing several projects balancing a range of short/medium/long term goals
• Positive and proactive approach to work, and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of policy or casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
• Familiarity with Caseworker system an advantage
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Dr Ben Spencer will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis with a possible start date in February 2021, subject to security clearance.
We reserve the right to appoint a candidate before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com