Date Added: 23 January 2021
: 3 February 2021
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
Working For: Fleur Anderson MP (Putney)
Length of Contract:
Fleur Anderson MP is looking for an excellent candidate to join her team as a Senior Communications Officer.
This is a full-time position for 12-months with the possibility of extension. The role will be based in Fleur’s constituency office when it is safe to do so but will require remote-working initially in line with Coronavirus guidance.
• Maintain and grow the MP’s social media presence
• Manage the MP’s website content
• Publicise constituency and parliamentary activity
• Produce constituency updates and grow mailing lists
• Produce website and social media analytics reports
• Monitor media coverage and prepare press releases
• Lead on campaigns to progress the MP’s priorities
• Organise, publicise and attend constituency meetings and events
• Produce letters and surveys to residents, analyse results and carry out follow up work
• Liaise with constituency stakeholders
• Retain records and information confidentially in line with GDPR
• Research and respond to constituent inquiries
• Assisting with the wider work of the team on delivering Fleur’s campaign priorities
The successful candidate will have the following essential criteria:
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Experience in a communications role producing press releases
• Experience of working in a political environment
• Experience producing traditional and electronic communications materials including newsletters, reports and surveys
• Experience of using social media platforms and creating content
• Experience of creating and implementing social media growth and engagement strategies
• Experience of digital video production and editing
• Experience of creating high-quality graphics and infographics
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit team and independently
• Knowledge and understanding of the Putney constituency
• Good knowledge of Fleur’s key local policy issues and Front Bench work
• An interest in current affairs
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
• Knowledge of a range of editing software and social media advertising platforms
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 February 2021
Successful applicants will be notified by email to attend an interview remotely.
There may be requirement for the role holder to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Fleur particularly encourages applications from disabled candidates and Black and Minority Ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented within Parliamentary staff.
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing how you meet the person specification to Fleur.firstname.lastname@example.org
A high volume of applications is anticipated, so it will not be possible to provide feedback to candidates who have not been selected for interview.