Date Added: 23 January 2021
: 10 March 2021
Job Title: Policy/Programme Manager – Digital Ethics and Artificial Intelligence
Working For: techUK
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per annum plus company benefits
Length of Contract:
techUK is a national membership organisation dedicated to helping its members stay prepared in a changing world. We have a vision for the future built on the positive potential of technology.
We believe that collaboration across business, government and society is central to this ambition. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners and stakeholders as they prepare for the future.
This role will support the Head of AI and Digital Identity in delivering a successful programme of work and activities to ensure techUK remains relevant, credible and influential in the AI and Digital Ethics community, debate and discussion. This role will build on techUK’s already established work in this area including the annual Digital Ethics Summit, now in its fourth year, and engagement with key bodies including the CDEI and Ada Lovelace Institute. In particular this role will be responsible for ensuring techUK’s understanding, insight, foresight and views on ethical issues being raised by the development and use of emerging AI and other technologies, including facial recognition, remains up to date, responsive to events of the day and relevant to the public debate happening across the UK and EU.
• Lead and drive the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s thought leadership and policy recommendations on digital ethics
• Delivering value to techUK member companies by leading techUK’s Digital Ethics Working Group and organising the annual Digital Ethics Summit
• Support the wider work of the Data Analytics, AI and Digital Identity work programme
• Grow techUK's membership base in AI and Digital Ethics
• Promote programme content through insights, opinions, social media and PR activities
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of the current Digital Ethics and AI debate and discussion in the UK
• Experience of work in a public affairs, advocacy and policy driven environment
• Engagement with senior public policy and business leaders at board and CEO level
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of UK technology sector and UK Government
• Media and press experience
• Experience of trade association procedures and activities
Closing Date: 10 March 2021
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. A full version of the job description can be found on our website.
To apply for this role, please send your CV along with a short cover letter (max 500 words) outlining your interest in this role along with your salary expectations