Date Added: 26 January 2021
: 1 February 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Lee Anderson MP (Ashfield)
Length of Contract:
Full time Parliamentary Assistant to work in Westminster office.
Applicants should be able to process correspondence in a timely manner, possess a keen attention to detail and be comfortable composing letters.
The successful candidate needs to be a self-starter with a keen interest in politics. They will be able to exercise good political judgement and be able to use their own initiative. Given the current situation, a large degree of home working will be necessary.
Parliamentary Experience is essential.
• Efficient data and file management
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public
• Provide admin support
• Assist with casework as required
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
• Very strong communication and writing skills are essential.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a heavy workload.
• An excellent knowledge of British politics and the local area.
• Personal initiative and a proactive work ethic.
• Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
• The ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality.
• Strong IT skills, especially Word and Excel and outlook
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 February 2021
Start date ASAP
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org