Date Added: 26 January 2021
: 7 February 2021
Job Title: Constituency Communications Officer
Working For: Jo Gideon MP (Stoke-on-Trent Central)
Location: Constituency or Westminster
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract:
Jo Gideon MP is recruiting an enthusiastic, well organised and hard-working Communications Officer with experience working in a similar role, media or PR to promote the most important issues happening in Stoke-on-Trent Central.
The role will be temporary with the successful candidate on a 6-month fixed-term contract.
The position may be carried out from either London or the Constituency although an initial period of home working will be expected.
- Co-ordinate MP’s Covid response and constituent engagement: liaise with residents, schools, charities and community support groups;
- Support the day-to-day management of the MP’s social media accounts;
- Monitor media stories happening in Stoke-on-Trent Central, and regionally that could have an impact on the constituency;
- Working to support multiple aspects of a variety of local campaigns and incumbency work, including research work and general day-to-day administration;
- Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling and incumbency/campaign work;
- Project Management;
- Organising events that benefit a diverse range of constituents within the community
- Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate;
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act;
- General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence (large mail-outs).
The following are Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience working in Media, Communications or PR;
- Experience managing projects and campaigns from start to finish;
- An ability to deal with enquiries in a personable manner and to work well within a small team of colleagues;
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload and use their own initiative;
- Thorough approach to completing all tasks;
- Organisational, case management and time management skills;
- Clear and concise writing style;
- Confidentiality and discretion in your work;
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 February 2021
We may interview and appoint before the closing date, with the candidate starting as soon as possible.
Please email a CV (max 2 sides A4) and covering letter (1 side A4) setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role with the subject line “Constituency Communications Officer Application”.
Attached examples of previous copy and relevant work such as press releases would be welcome, but not a requirement.
Please send your application to Sarah Tallon at email@example.com