Date Added: 26 January 2021
: 15 February 2021
Job Title: Events Assistant & Policy Researcher
Working For: Onward
Salary: £20,00-25,000 p.a, dependent on experience
Length of Contract:
Events and Fundraising Assistant
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising speeches, building and maintaining relationships with MPs, peers, donors, journalists and business leaders, and supporting the communication of Onward’s research. The role will involve a high level of organisation and planning skills, thinking creatively, and excellent people skills.
The successful candidate will have 1-3 years experience supporting high calibre events in a comparable organisation to the highest standard. They should be comfortable working with corporates, government departments and well known figures, as well as interested in developing new ways of engaging audiences and using new technologies.
• Plan, manage and oversee the delivery of events, including private roundtables, public panel events and conferences. It is essential that you can manage multiple events concurrently and work constructively with partners to strict deadlines.
• Work with Onward’s senior leadership team and Board to manage our network of financial supporters.
• Deliver high quality online and in person events. This also includes strong engagement through social media and other digital channels. These should be fun, unconventional and build Onward’s brand and network among key audiences, especially younger generations of voters.
Onward is looking for an exceptional candidate to join as a Researcher to work across our social and economic research programmes.
The successful candidate will need at least two years’ experience writing high quality research, and be able to demonstrate an ability to conduct eye-catching and novel data research in a policy context. They must also be comfortable engaging with and contributing to public policy debates, including through the media, policy events and meetings with MPs and civil servants.
• Conduct high quality research including both quantitative analysis including R or Stata and written report writing.
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the highest levels of government, the media, industry and among the policy community.
• Plan and deliver Onward roundtables and panels.
• Produce regular articles for newspapers and websites in your own name or those of others.
Closing Date: 15 February 2021
Interview dates: Week beginning 22nd February.
Start date: ASAP
To apply to the role of Events and Fundraising Assistant, please provide a CV and one page Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to the role of Policy Researcher, please provide your CV, a one page Cover Letter and any relevant published research to email@example.com.
For more details on these job adverts, please go to www.ukonward.com/we-are-hiring-3/