Date Added: 26 January 2021
: 5 February 2021
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Alicia Kearns MP (Rutland and Melton)
Location: Melton Mowbray
Salary: Salary will be in line with IPSA scales £21,529 – £31,705
Length of Contract:
Alicia Kearns MP is looking to hire someone who cares deeply about helping people and communities. Caseworkers are the most important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that issues constituents face are heard and actioned.
The job is taking the concerns of residents to Ministers or Government bodies and ensuring that residents secure the support and outcomes they need and deserve. Enjoying working with others and supporting individuals and groups is vital.
The role will also support Alicia to run surgeries with local residents and exciting events across the constituency of Rutland & Melton.
– A highly motivated staff member to learn the role of caseworker
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, people at all levels.
– Experience working for the Citizens’ Advice Bureau or similar, is very welcome.
– Prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and with an eye for detail
– Deal with issues in a confidential manner
– Good with people and a team player
– Competent use of IT
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 February 2021
Interview date: w/c 15th February 2021
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Constituency Caseworker for Alicia Kearns MP’