Date Added: 26 January 2021
: 4 February 2021
Job Title: Constituency Office Intern
Working For: Steve Reed MP (Croydon North)
Salary: London Living Wage £10.85 per hour
Length of Contract:
Steve Reed is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join his busy constituency office for a six-month internship. This role is full-time, for six months. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and develop skills across a range of responsibilities within a Labour MP's office.
- ability to deal with the public in an understanding and compassionate manner
- excellent communication skills
- ability to work quickly and accurately
- a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- knowledge of Croydon North constituency desirable
- responding to constituents' enquiries and cases
- liaising with local and central government and outside agencies on behalf of constituents
- assisting in drafting responses to campaign and policy letters
- providing basic administrative support
- attending surgeries and other meetings as necessary
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 February 2021
Interviews will take place on Monday, 8 February with a view to starting as soon as possible.
Please send a one-page covering letter setting out why you would like this position, together with a CV of one side of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that applications exceeding these lengths will not be considered.