Date Added: 28 January 2021
: 8 February 2021
Job Title: Advisor/Senior Advisor
Working For: The Behavioural Insights Team
Salary: Senior Advisor- £46,977 per annum, plus benefits & Advisor - £33,915 per annum, plus benefits
Length of Contract:
You will likely be involved in some of the following:
- You will take a leading role in BIT’s work in Household Finance and oversee projects and at the Senior Advisor level the work of others.
- At Senior Advisor, your main responsibility will be to oversee some of the main projects in the Financial Capability Lab as well as overseeing the work of team members.
- As an Advisor, you would focus on project management and delivery.
- You will report to the Principal Advisor leading on Household Finance. You will work with them to develop and deliver the strategy around your area, developing your own strategy if you are a Senior Advisor, or contributing to the broader strategy if you are an Advisor.
- BIT has built successful partnerships with financial regulators, consumer groups and firms, and you will work together to build on and sustain these partnerships. You will also be responsible for scoping and developing new areas to deliver social impact in household finance, particularly around retirement savings, insurance and investment choices.
- As a Senior Advisor, you will be responsible for managing a small team and resourcing it effectively.
We are looking for candidates with the below skills.
- Behavioural science. You can explain the implications of theoretical concepts such as defaults, loss aversion and social norms.
- Project and client management
- Financial sector experience. You have knowledge of retail financial services and experience working in or with the financial sector. You have expertise in at least one of the specific areas of the financial services sectors we are working on (retail banking, fintech, pensions and insurance) and have the foundation to develop the knowledge in the other areas.
- Experience with evaluation methods and field trials.
- Clear communication skills.
- At the Senior Advisor level: Supporting and developing others. You are able to lead a small team to deliver innovative projects in financial services. You can nurture talent and energise people to perform at their best.
- Scoping projects and winning work. You are able to lead business development by spotting opportunities with new and existing partners and then develop the relationships required to form positive ongoing partnerships.
- Managing and developing yourself at work. You demonstrate high self-awareness and regularly self-reflect.
Closing Date: 8 February 2021
Interviews will be held virtually in early to mid-February.
Please apply for jobs through our website - https://www.bi.team/about-us/job-vacancies/