Date Added: 28 January 2021
: 26 February 2021
Job Title: UK Healthcare Public Affairs intern
Working For: Oxygen Strategy
Salary: Minimum Wage £6.45- £8.72 dependent on age
Length of Contract:
Are you interested in the healthcare sector, dedicated to professional development and have a passion for making a difference?
Oxygen Strategy specialises in UK healthcare public affairs consultancy and has a vacancy on its intern programme. We are looking for a self-motivated person who shares our values to improve healthcare outcomes and who would like to learn more about working in public affairs.
Working hours: Flexible working hours full/part-time by negotiation
The internship will cover a range of disciplines, including but not exclusively:
• Research – how to effectively research on a variety of topics including disease areas, MP and stakeholder biographies, NHS policy
• Monitoring – support a weekly monitoring service, learn how to set up alerts and monitor parliamentary activity
• Events – support senior staff organising parliamentary events
• Website – supply digital content for the company website
• Minutes – attend meetings and take minutes/action points
• Stakeholders – help to create Oxygen internal stakeholder engagement spreadsheets
• Admin – provide support for a variety of administrative duties
• Marketing – help create marketing materials for clients.
We are looking for people who are:
• Educated to degree level or studying for a degree, ideally in a related subject. You will need to be self-motivated and happy to work from home. There will be opportunities to develop your skillset and experience with training.
Skills needed include:
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Excellent written skills and attention to detail
• IT skills and proficient in all Microsoft programmes
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills essential
• Passionate about improving the lives of others
• flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment
• pragmatic problem solvers who are always curious in their approach to work
• Great at working in multi-disciplinary teams.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021
Interviews will be arranged when a candidate is invited for interview. The right candidate could be appointed before the closing date. Any start date to be discussed at interview.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com