Date Added: 3 February 2021
: 25 February 2021
Job Title: Refugee, Asylum and Migration Policy Adviser to Caroline Nokes MP
Working For: The Refugee, Asylum and Migration Project (RAMP)
Salary: 2 days per week. Day-rate dependent on experience (ranging from £175 - £200 per day)
Length of Contract:
The Refugee, Asylum and Migration Policy (RAMP) project is looking for a new team member to serve as a policy adviser to Caroline Nokes MP in the House of Commons. The adviser will be seconded into her office from RAMP, which is a cross-party project with advisers currently supporting a range of cross-party parliamentarians including Tim Farron MP, David Simmonds MP, Neil Coyle MP and the Bishop of Durham. This role works as part of Caroline’s wider parliamentary team to support her political work, and as part of the RAMP team to design and execute cross-party initiatives. This is a varied and exciting role which will provide the postholder a unique opportunity to help shape a critical area of public policy.
- Providing expert briefing on refugee, asylum and migration legislation, debates and policy discussions
- Drafting speeches, press articles, parliamentary questions and legislative amendments etc.
- Working with the other RAMP advisers to coordinate RAMP parliamentary strategy, identifying opportunities for cross-party interventions, particularly around the RAMP priority themes of citizenship, asylum, and economic migration.
- Meeting with other parliamentarians and other organisations working on resettlement, asylum and migration policy to identify possible parliamentary and political interventions.
We are looking for an organised, self-starter with the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Experience of working in parliament, for a political party, or within government
- Knowledge and understanding of parliamentary procedure.
- Good knowledge and understanding of resettlement, asylum and migration policy.
- 3+ years experience working in a policy or public affair role.
- A highly proficient writer.
- Able to both think and act strategically, and to react quickly to fast-changing events.
- Able to build strong relationships quickly with a range of different stakeholders
Closing Date: 25 February 2021
We are aiming to complete first round interviews in the first week of March and for the sucessful candidate to start work as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and a short cover letter (no more than one side) setting out how you match the role’s requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org