Date Added: 3 February 2021
: 24 February 2021
Job Title: Project Co-ordinator, Sustainability (energy and climate change)
Working For: Policy Connect
Salary: £22,369 - £27,571 (depending on experience)
Length of Contract:
Policy Connect is looking for an ambitious Project Co-ordinator to join our Sustainability Team.
The main focus of the role for the first 6-9 months will be on the programme for the All-Party Parliamentary Climate Change Group and supporting a research inquiry into a delivery architecture for Net Zero by Carbon Connect.
You will also be involved on an ongoing basis in the wider sustainability policy areas Policy Connect covers which includes the programmes of our All-Party Parliamentary Groups and Parliamentary Forums.
In the medium to long term, the focus of the role can be flexible and can respond to the personal expertise and preference of the chosen candidate.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Policy event organisation and events-focused research (briefings, write-ups)
- Policy research (interviews, evidence sessions, report writing)
MAIN POLICY AREAS
- Specifically: low-carbon energy, climate change
- Generally: sustainability, infrastructure, water, resources and waste, clean growth, energy efficiency
- Scope, research, organise and deliver roundtables, seminars and other larger events – currently remotely via Zoom (otherwise in Parliament).
- Provide research support by conducting interviews, convening evidence sessions, preparing transcripts and supporting the report writing process.
- Attend and represent Policy Connect at external events.
- Engage with funders and stakeholders in conjunction with the sustainability team managers to achieve impact.
- Work collaboratively across Policy Connect, particularly within the Sustainability Team.
- Interest in sustainability and environmental issues as well as related policy areas.
- Strong awareness of Parliament and the policy-making process.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent writing and research skills with the ability to condense complex information into easily accessible formats for different audiences.
- Dynamic worker, happy to work within a small team and willing to adapt work to meet changing short and long-term objectives.
- Experience of writing policy reports
- Experience of writing public policy briefings.
- Experience of working in a policy or public affairs environment.
Closing Date: 24 February 2021
Likely interview date: During the week commencing 1 March 2021
Start date: as soon as possible
Please read the job description and candidate specification below, and supply your CV of no more than two A4 pages, a covering letter of no more than one A4 page and a completed equal opportunities monitoring form via the Policy Connect applicant portal here: https://apply.talentvine.co.uk/vacancy/preview?id=42433&src=w4mp
Please ensure that your covering letter refers specifically to how your experience relates to the main duties and person specifications required for this role.