Date Added: 6 February 2021
: 23 February 2021
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Dr Jamie Wallis MP ( Bridgend)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract:
Dr Jamie Wallis MP is looking for an experienced full-time office manager to join his busy constituency team at his office in Bridgend.
Duties include. but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain a professional team to support all aspects of the MPs office.
- Ensure the office is fully equipped, and that staff are given appropriate duties, supervision and direction.
- Keep abreast of Casework issues, and where necessary, assist with public enquiries.
- Carry out Parliamentary research where appropriate and stay informed with Westminster ongoings.
- Engage professionally and confidentially with members of the public, external organisations and Parliamentary organisations through a variety of different methods.
- Dealing with security matters on behalf of the MP, the office and staff.
- Offer counsel the Member of Parliament with political and constituency issues.
- Ensuring accurate records are kept, and oversee the completion of the MPs diary.
- Have final signoff on all relevant delegated areas from the MP.
- Local knowledge highly desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 February 2021
Interviews on Thursday 25th or Friday 26th February
Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Tom Giffard - Tom.Giffard@Parliament.uk
You can also use this contact to ask any questions about this position.