Date Added: 6 February 2021
: 28 February 2021
Job Title: Network Membership Director
Working For: UK100
Length of Contract:
The purpose of this role is to develop UK100’s network of over 100 local leaders, and their staff, who are committed to taking ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Network Membership Director to deploy political insight and use outstanding collaboration skills to develop UK100’s network and enable ambitious action from local leaders and their staff.
- Lead UK100’s work that develops and manages a network of elected local leaders and their teams, supporting our members to share policy expertise and best practice, and convening them to advocate for greater local action on climate and clean air.
- Lead UK100’s membership pledge programme that secures leaders’ commitment to ambitious action towards Net Zero climate emissions and develop support for them to deliver against it, with regular meetings, communications and research.
- Manage two UK100 Political Advisors to develop and deliver effective engagement across the political spectrum at local and national level, maintaining a voice for local government in the climate conversation.
- Manage UK100’s Countryside Climate Network of Local Leaders
- Map and implement actions that enable countryside and rural issues to be appropriately represented in UK100’s communications, advocacy and wider work.
- Manage a “Local Power In Action” Programme Manager (to be recruited) that will oversee a programme of work to provide tailored support for Local Authorities wanting to drive substantial, tangible progress towards Net Zero and clean air.
- Work with UK100’s communications team to deliver a programme of communication that supports and engages UK100’s membership
- Support the development of UK100’s CRM database
- Manage impactful projects: to time, on budget and that meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensurie UK100 is effective and successful by providing strategic input as part of the Senior Leadership team
- Represent UK100 at meetings and public events to promote ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency from Local Authorities, national Government and business.
For more details go to: https://www.uk100.org/sites/default/files/2021-02/Network_Membership_Director_2021_UK100JD.pdf
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Interviews: To be held virtually on week commencing 8th March 2021
Application Details: Please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter that sets out how you would take forward the role and what you see as the main priorities (max 1 page) to: email@example.com