Date Added: 9 February 2021
: 26 February 2021
Job Title: Part-time Constituency Assistant
Working For: Dehenna Davison MP (Bishop Auckland)
Location: Bishop Auckland
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract:
Job Type: Part-time (Initial 12 month contract)
Dehenna Davison MP is seeking a position for a Part-time Constituency Assistant to work 4 days a week where you will be based in the Bishop Auckland Constituency Office.
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• To ensure that all records and communications are recorded confidentially and in line with GDPR compliance.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
• Leading on major local campaigns
• Providing support for our Westminster office when needed and to communicate with Government agencies, voluntary groups and local businesses.
• Ability to work independently and to take ownership of Casework that comes through.
• Good organisation skills to ensure that workload is prioritised and completed under pressure
• A good telephone manner and communication skills
• Excellent written and oral skills
• A strong team player who is sociable and has a good sense of humour
• Sympathetic towards the Conservative Party aims and values
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021
Advert closing time - 5pm
Interview date - Friday 5th March 2021
Start date - Monday April 1st 2021
Please send a one page cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline date.