Date Added: 9 February 2021
: 28 February 2021
Job Title: Local Organiser
Working For: Swansea Labour Group
Salary: £26,037.69 p.a.
Length of Contract:
Swansea Labour Group are looking to recruit a local organiser to help with their ongoing local campaign work, and highlight the achievements and ambitions of the council in the lead up to the 2022 local elections.
The post holder will be responsible for building and maintaining party organisation and activity, working in liaison with local MPs, MSs, Local Party officers, LCF, CLPs and other units within the Party.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of campaigning techniques, and ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders. They should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the work of local government and Swansea Council.
Valid driving license, own transport and Welsh proficiency would be advantageous.
• To work with the relevant stakeholders to motivate and organise the members in preparation of the Senedd 2021 elections and local government 2022 elections across the county borough.
• To lead and organise campaigning activity as determined by the local key seat campaigns and Labour Group campaigns across the City & County.
• To guide and support the creation of social media and digital campaigning content in an election key seat and across the county borough
• To work with the Welsh Labour office where appropriate.
• To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter ID, registration and postal votes.
• To identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to campaign leaders and members on organising and campaigning.
• To develop local fundraising and fundraising schemes to ensure the CLPs in the area have adequate funding to organise, campaign and contest elections.
• To develop communications systems with branches, members and other units of the party and affiliated organisations in the area to promote Welsh Labour's achievements and Party activities;
• To plan and organise local policy forums and carry out policy and public engagement visits and events when required.
• Building up membership and membership activity in the constituency in line with the Party's aims and objectives.
• To report on the level of all activity, organisation and the effective operation of Party rules in the area to the relevant CLP and local authority Welsh Labour Group where appropriate.
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Interviews early March.
To apply please follow the application details on our website: https://www.welshlabour.wales/current-vacancies/