Date Added: 9 February 2021
: 28 February 2021
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Save the Children
Salary: £38,250-£45,000 pa
Length of Contract:
Join us as Senior Public Affairs Manager to help us influence policy and practice changes in Scotland that lead to families’ having enough money to meet their basic needs and children in the early years are supported to reach their potential.
As Senior Public Affairs Manager Scotland you will work collaboratively with our team and partners to identify, create and deliver creative opportunities and strategies that challenge progress and influence government and others to develop further solutions to tackle child poverty and its impact on early childhood.
• Support and develop a small team of two Policy and Practice Impact Advisers
• Oversee our approach to engaging with Scottish Parliament, Scottish Government and other decision-makers – creating opportunities to influence decision-making processes, forging trusted relationships with senior stakeholders, drafting high level briefings and correspondence, maintaining an overview of political trends, and deploying political intelligence and judgement
• Develop credible policy solutions and positions on key issues based on good political judgement, high quality analysis of policy trends and research, and working with families and others
• Build and maintain external relationships with stakeholders in the political and policy communities and build a network of allies on key issues
• Create opportunities for parents and children to shape policy solutions and influence decision-makers
• Advise colleagues on influencing practice that enables families to support their children’s wellbeing and development in the early years
To be successful you will have significant experience of securing national policy and practice changes in Scotland and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of political and policy structures and processes in Scotland and how to influence them. You will hold a network of senior contacts across government, parliament and policy sectors. You will work with minimal supervision, collaboratively with others and demonstrate positive and inclusive leadership behaviours.
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
12/02/2020 - The closing date has been extended.