Date Added: 9 February 2021
: 24 February 2021
Job Title: Policy Manager, Data Analytics
Working For: Policy Connect
Salary: £28,397 - £35,619
Length of Contract:
Policy connect is looking for a policy manager to join our Industry Technology and Innovation (ITI) team to lead our data policy work overseeing the work of the All Party Parliamentary group for Data Analytics (APGDA).
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong interest in data policy issues at a time when Data, Artificial Intelligence(AI), ethics policy and regulation is an increasingly prominent focus for the UK Parliament and the political processes.It is a creative role that requires excellent stakeholder management, communication and policy writing skills to deliver a high impact programme of parliamentary events and policy papers.
Past reports include Trust Transparency and Tech and later this year the team will be launching a report on Place – based AI data ethics looking at issues around governance and trust from the perspective of communities and local economies. Future work will include events and research focusing on data ethics and skills, technology disruption, big data and digital literacy. For more information on our work, please see our website here.
Main Policy Areas: Data Ethics, Data Analytics, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Literacy, Machine Learning
- Develop and design our program of Data policy events, by researching topics and gaining insight and intelligence from relationships with high profile figures in Parliament, Whitehall, and the Data analytics sector; and assessing the purpose and impact of each event.
- Produce timely policy interventions such as submissions to government consultations, Parliamentary select committee inquiries, and briefings to inform debates in Parliament.
- Maintain an active and engaged membership and proactively source new members, whilst maintaining a strong rapport with key contacts.
- Identify and develop new streams of income, reviewing and contributing to the diversification of content offered by the ITI team.
- Ensure that projects are managed to time and budget.
Closing Date: 24 February 2021
Likely Interview Date: During the week of 8th March 2021
Closing Time for applications: 23:59
Please read the job description and candidate specification, and supply your CV of no more than two A4 pages and a covering letter of no more than one A4 pages (ideally as one document) via the Policy Connect applicant portal. Please also complete our equal opportunities monitoring process.
Link to apply can be found here: https://apply.talentvine.co.uk/vacancy/preview?id=42607&src=w4mp