Date Added: 9 February 2021
: 26 February 2021
Job Title: Constituency Junior Caseworker
Working For: Harriett Baldwin MP /(West Worcestershire)
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Salary: Within IPSA payscales
Length of Contract:
Harriett Baldwin MP is looking for a full-time Junior Caseworker based in her constituency office in Malvern.
The successful candidate will:
- Deal politely with the general public in West Worcestershire, by telephone, in face-to-face advice surgeries and by letter and e-mail.
- Work with constituency-based and Westminster teams and the Member of Parliament.
- Write letters and e-mails, often in high volumes and under time pressure.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP’s requirements.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Liaise with local and national stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and web-based tools.
- Must use and understand social media.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must have an interest in current affairs. Helpful to understand areas of responsibility within local and national government.
- Good spelling and grammar.
- May be required to travel to Westminster – travel expenses will be covered.
- Must be able to work un-supervised and as part of a small team.
- The ideal candidate will be able to show a good knowledge of the West Worcestershire constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021
The selection process will take place in the week commencing March 15, 2021 with a start date in April.
To apply, please email your cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the position and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'NAME': Junior Caseworker Application.
We will acknowledge all applications we receive, even if we may not be able to let all applicants know whether they are successful.