Based at our Cannon Place office but working remotely during the pandemic, the Campaigns Adviser will play a key role in delivering the CBI’s political strategy at a unique time in the UK’s political history. The role reports into the CBI’s Head of Campaigns.
Through management of the CBI’s Political Stakeholder Database, they will be responsible for increasing the CBI’s influence across its network of political stakeholders. This will involve working with policy teams to deliver individual campaign goals and to ensure the CBI delivers maximum impact with political stakeholders on behalf of members.
Alongside this – and working with senior members of the CBI’s Management Board – the role will involve managing the CBI’s quarterly Government Affairs Network (GAN). The GAN is the CBI’s most senior meeting of member contacts in government affairs, public policy and communications, and serves to provide a confidential space for public affairs professionals to discuss key topics of interest.
Helping to embed the development of a campaigning culture at the CBI
• Managing the CBI’s Political Stakeholder Database, ensuring the tool is recognised as a key resource for campaign planning at the CBI.
• Working across policy teams to help develop and agree coherent strategic campaign objectives to influence government, opposition, backbench MPs and other political stakeholders.
Delivering top-quality insight to the CBI’s external stakeholders
• Working across policy teams to produce the CBI’s weekly government bulletin, which delivers top quality business insight to senior political and civil service stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge of the policymaking process in the UK government and Devolved Nations.
• Understanding of, and keen interest in, the political and public policy environment. Awareness of potential sensitivities that may impact the CBI’s decision making.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Understanding of the role of the CBI, and the position it plays in the UK’s public policy environment.
• Familiarity with the workings of business and commercial pressures
Please apply for the role via the Confederation of British Industry Careers page.