Date Added: 11 February 2021
: 26 February 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Dr Kieran Mullan MP (Crewe and Nantwich)
Location: Crewe and Nantwich
Salary: Inline with IPSA Pay Scale
Length of Contract:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing politely and professionally with the enquiries of constituents from Crewe and Nantwich by telephone, email, letter, social media and face to face in surgeries.
- Produce casework letters and emails, often in high volumes and under time pressure.
- Ensuring that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately in accordance with GDPR and MP requirements.
- Administrative office support, file management and mail handling.
- Liaising with Government departments, Local Councils and other third party organisations.
- Researching local, regional, or national issues to support Kieran's work.
- Communicating aspects of Kieran's work to relevant audiences via community engagement.
- Assist with arrangements for non-political constituency events, on an adhoc basis.
As part of the role, some travel throughout the constituency may be required, as well as occasional weekend work.
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen political awareness and be sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party.
- An interest in current affairs - helpful to understand areas of responsibility within local and national government.
- An ability to work independently and as part of team, and able to adapt to evolving situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to show empathy and patience.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications.
- Excellent IT skills including the Microsoft Office package.
- Previous experience of working with members of the public.
- Local knowledge of Crewe and Nantwich.
- Hold a clean driver's licence.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021
Applications will close at 5pm.
You may be asked to complete an 'in-tray' exercise prior to the interview.
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis, so early application is recommended. We may appoint before the closing date.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a short covering letter to Kieran at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “[insert name]: Caseworker Job Application”".
Please make reference to your current salary, salary expectations and notice period in your covering letter.