Date Added: 12 February 2021
: 1 March 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant/Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Dr Jamie Wallis MP (Bridgend and Porthcawl)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the running of the office in Parliament
- Providing advice to Jamie in his role as Member of Parliamen
- Understanding and advising on Parliamentary process
- Producing briefing papers on a wide range of issues
- Supporting Jamie in his roles on Select Committees and contributions in the House
- Speech writing
- Facilitating and submitting questions in the House
- Responsibility for management of the IPSA system
- Assisting with APPGs
- Dealing with bespoke policy casework queries
- Helping out with the constituency and Westminster teams during busy periods
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 March 2021
Interviews will take place on either Thursday 4th March or Friday 5th March 2021.
Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Tom Giffard - Tom.Giffard@Parliament.uk
You can also use this contact to ask any questions about this position.