Date Added: 12 February 2021
: 25 February 2021
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Darren Jones MP (Bristol North West)
Salary: £18,391 per annum (pro rata)
Length of Contract:
Due to the increase in requests for help and assistance during the pandemic period, Darren Jones MP is hiring an Administrative Officer for a fixed term period of 12 months for 20 hours per week to assist with the smooth running of the Constituency Office.
The Administrative Officer will help the constituency team to:
• Set up new files for casework and policy requests on our case management system;
• Contact constituents to confirm address and contact details
• Respond to telephone enquiries from constituents
• Print and post letters to constituents as required.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
• Previous administration experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Evidence of good customer service and a polite and respectful manner
• An ability to manage busy and competing priorities
• IT literacy (including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and Microsoft Teams, Slack and Zoom)
• An ability to work proactively and independently
The role will be based in Bristol in the Constituency Office but initially, work will be undertaken from home due to Covid-19 restrictions. Line management and supervision will be primarily conducted over Slack and Microsoft Teams.
The role holder will be provided with an office laptop, laptop stand, screen, keyboard, mouse, headset and desk chair to facilitate working from home. Whilst working from home, a fixed allowance of £26 per month will be paid each month to contribute to additional utility costs.
If the role holder is unable to work from home, we may be able to provide access to our Constituency Office subject to our COVID-secure risk assessment.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 February 2021
Interview date: Online interviews will be held in the week commencing 8th March 2021. If you are successful in being invited to interview, you will be informed by 4th March 2021.
Start date: 1st April 2021
Please e-mail email@example.com with 'APPLICATION: Administrative Officer' in the subject heading.
In the body of your e-mail, please explain how your work and/or other experience evidences the requirements set out in the role description. Please attach an up-to-date CV with references (references will only be contacted with your agreement).