Date Added: 12 February 2021
: 26 February 2021
Job Title: Consultant
Working For: Luther Pendragon
Length of Contract:
Luther Pendragon is one of the UK’s leading independent communications consultancies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest and best-known corporations, major trade associations, public sector organisations, NGOs and government bodies in the UK and across the world. We are looking for a junior consultant to join our team and work across a wide range of client sectors. In this entry level role you will have the opportunity to learn skills essential to your career as a consultant.
Our team manages communications, public affairs, financial public relations, media relations, crisis and stakeholder engagement for our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will demonstrate a passion for the worlds of media and politics.
Further skills and attributes:
- 6 months’ relevant experience in media, communications, public affairs, or on campaigns
- An undergraduate degree – preferably 2.1 or above
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- A meticulous approach to research
- Excellent writing skills
- An understanding of the media and a good knowledge of different media channels and outlets, including social media
- A strong grasp of how the UK political system works and an understanding of the current policy landscape
- A good knowledge of the business world
- An ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with a range of our clients, and will gain experience across all the main areas of our work. This is likely to include drafting letters, policy briefings, and reports, and liaising with politicians’ offices. It will also involve research and monitoring, drafting press releases, compiling media lists and contacting journalists. The selected candidate must be able to manage their time effectively and should be a self-starter, comfortable with remote-working as required.
Luther Pendragon offers comprehensive training and career development as well as a range of other benefits, including health insurance and discounted gym membership.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021
The start date for the role is Monday 8th March 2021.
Please email your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Consultant application'.