Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 12 March 2021
Job Title: Business Administration and Constituency Support Apprentice
Working For: Jack Lopresti MP (Filton and Bradley Stoke)
Location: Bradley Stoke
Salary: £258 per week (National Minimum Wage for apprentices)
Length of Contract:
Jack Lopresti MP is looking for an enthusiastic Business Administration and Constituency Support Apprentice to assist his team in his constituency office in Bradley Stoke. This will be a varied role in a unique environment which will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to grow and develop.
You will be working as part of a small team to help constituents and keep the office running smoothly.
Duties will include:
- Answering the office phone
- Logging incoming correspondence by post and email
- Progressing basic casework
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering stock
- Monitoring social media
- Assist with maintaining office contacts
- There will be scope to expand into other duties as the role progresses.
The role is to support all functions of the Constituency Office in supporting a busy Member of Parliament in his duties locally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and able to manage your own time
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing manner
- Attention to detail
- Able to deal with sensitive and potentially difficult contacts from the public
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- However having the right attitude, work ethic and commitment to your education as well as your employment are also as essential to this role
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths, English Language, science and a knowledge or use of ICT
This role will expand as the successful candidate gains more experience. In the long-term, it will open up opportunities to work for other Members of Parliament both locally and in Westminster, and will provide an excellent grounding for other roles in an office environment.
Things to consider
Working from home arrangements to be confirmed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Some constituent cases will be challenging.
The expected duration of the apprenticeship is 15 months.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 March 2021
Initial interviews and assessment will be undertaken by the training provider, South Gloucestershire and Stroud College. For more information, please go to https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/apprenticeships.
Candidates successful in the first round will be invited to interview with Jack.
Please apply on the Government's apprenticeship finder service:https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-574171
Please direct enquiries to Laura Thomas (0117 email@example.com).