Date Added: 12 February 2021
: 23 February 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Peter Aldous MP (Waveney)
Salary: in line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract:
Peter Aldous MP is looking to recruit a full-time Caseworker for his Lowestoft office.
The skills and qualities being sought from candidates are:
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation, efficient organisation
• Ability to work under pressure without supervision
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and co-operatively as part of a team
• Possession of IT and communication skills
Main responsibilities will include:
• Attending constituency surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with enquiries from the public
• Liaison with Government departments, councils and other organisations to assist with resolution of cases
• Drafting responses to constituents
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• General office support as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 February 2021
Interviews will take place virtually on Thursday 4 March
Start date: As soon as possible
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Application Details: Applicants should send their CVs with a short covering letter outlining how they meet the criteria and their salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct any queries to this address.