Date Added: 12 February 2021
: 3 March 2021
Job Title: Human Rights Programme Officer
Working For: Liberal International
Salary: £24,000 to £27,000 per annum
Length of Contract:
Liberal International (LI) is offering a rare and exciting opportunity to an individual, with a demonstrable knowledge of human rights and international relations, to help develop and implement the programmatic work of its human rights committee and to promote our organisation and membership to an ever-growing international human rights community.
- Strong people and events management skills
- Proven ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders across multi-cultural environments
- Proven knowledge of current issues in at least one of the following areas: women’s (political) empowerment, digital governance and human rights and the shrinking democratic space
- Knowledge and/or experience of the UN (human rights) system
- Experience of coordination people an (online) events remotely
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Innovative thinking and experience with policy and advocacy work including (human rights) campaigns
- Proven ability to take complex ideas and translate them into workable concepts
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Flexibility in working style and ability to adapt quickly to evolving circumstances
- Commitment and sympathy with liberal values and liberalism in general
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish
- Experience of working in/understanding the (international) political space
- Fundraising experience
For a full job desciption, person specification, and list of benefits visit: https://liberal-international.org/news-articles/job-call-human-rights-programme-manager-2/
Closing Date: 3 March 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview shortly after the closing date. Candidates who are not shortlisted will not receive a reply. Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint a candidate of excellent calibre before the deadline.
To apply, please send a 1 page cover-letter and a 2 page (maximum) CV to LI’s Secretary-General William Townsend at firstname.lastname@example.org your email should include 'Human Rights Programme Officer' in the subject line.
Please be advised that short-listed candidates will be expected to complete a written assessment in English as part of the recruitment process.