Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 8 March 2021
Job Title: Head of Office
Working For: Fleur Anderson MP (Putney)
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
Length of Contract:
Fleur Anderson MP is looking for an experienced Head of Office to support her parliamentary and constituency activity. This role, based in the constituency office, has plenty of scope to develop the role, to lead a highly effective team, and organise and deliver a range of campaigns locally and nationally.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled candidates and Black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented within Parliamentary staff.
- Manage the Researcher and Senior Casework Team Leader, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes
- Deal with complex queries and complaints on the MPs' behalf, including drafting letters
- Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
- Ensure office is fully equipped
- Lead on constituency campaigns and projects
- Attend meetings on behalf of the MP
- Ownership of Diary Management in the Constituency
- Research local & regional issues to support the MPs' work
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget
- Manage MP's expenses with IPSA
- Ensure GDPR regulations followed
- Proactively engaging the media and on relevant social media
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Drafting articles, press releases, parliamentary questions and briefings – supporting the Researcher as needed.
- Other duties related to the post and appropriate to the pay band
- This role will require flexible working, with some evening and weekend work required.
Person specification: essential skills and qualities
• Sound political judgement
• Successful in campaigning for change
• Highly organised, loves systems and is able to delegate and work independently and in a team
• An excellent understanding of the British political system
• Previous experience of being a Head of Office is desirable, and experience of working for an MP or senior public figure or holding a senior role within the Labour party is essential
• Experience managing staff and budgets
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party
- Knowledge of the Putney consituency
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 March 2021
The closing time for applications is 9am.
To apply, send your CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter (no more than two pages) outlining how you match the relevant person specification above, with examples, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘Head of Office application’.