Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 1 March 2021
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Rt. Hon. Gavin Williamson CBE MP (South Staffordshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract:
Gavin Williamson, MP for South Staffordshire and Secretary of State for Education, is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and politically aware assistant to support him in his work at Westminster and take responsibility for local media and communications.
The position will include:
- Writing press releases on issues of importance to the constituency and monitoring local media coverage
- Helping to update and maintain the Member’s website and social media pages
- Production of e-newsletters on constituency issues
- Assisting with constituency correspondence where required
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be politically aware, with an interest in current affairs
- Be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 March 2021
The start date is flexible. Interviews may take place before the closing date if the right applicant is found.
Please email your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'job application' and your name in the subject line.