Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 7 March 2021
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer - 12 Month FTC
Working For: Alzheimer's Research UK
Location: Cambridge - flexibility to work remotely
Salary: Circa £28,000
Length of Contract:
We have a 12-month fixed term post of Public Affairs Officer to join our policy and public affairs team. The role will help drive to forward our public affairs programme, expanding our capacity to engage and influence key political stakeholders with the mission of bringing about life-changing treatments for dementia by 2025.
The ideal candidate will have interest in public affairs and understanding of the UK political environment. We need someone who can form positive relationships both internally and externally and drive real change for people with dementia.
- Identify, develop and deliver proactive and reactive parliamentary activity to grow ARUK’s network of engaged, informed and supportive political stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of the dementia research and political environments from national and international perspectives and use intelligence and insight to help inform the team’s work and direction.
- Provide analysis and insight on relevant legislation and policy guidance to help further and inform ARUK’s policy and public affairs work.
- To prepare parliamentary briefs, develop submissions for parliamentary questions and other opportunities presented through the parliamentary system.
- Work with the policy, public affairs, research and communications teams to help deliver public campaigns and campaign messaging focused on ARUK policy objectives and help shape these messages for a political audience.
- Planning and coordinating parliamentary events and conferences focused around ARUK key policy and public affairs objectives, co-ordinating and attend meetings with parliamentarians and stakeholders alongside senior staff.
We are looking for:
- Excellent personal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels face to face and on the phone
- Ability to write professionally, with an ability to adapt communications for different audiences
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Knowledge or interest in public affairs
- Knowledge of the UK political system
- Experience of building positive relationships with influencers or supporters
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience
To apply visit https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/
Closing Date: 7 March 2021
Interviews to be held on the w/c 15 March 2021. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.