Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 5 March 2021
Job Title: Account Executive or Account Manager
Working For: New Century Media
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
Length of Contract:
We are looking for an ambitious individual, ideally with experience as a researcher in the House of Commons, to join our busy team of public affairs, PR and reputation management consultants in Westminster. New Century advises a range of leading British businesses and international corporates, all of which are frontrunners in their respective sectors, including natural resources, transport, energy, real estate, healthcare, security, political/constitutional affairs and overseas election campaigns. The company also provides leading litigation PR support and is ranked by Chambers and Partners.
- Cooperate with officials and advisers in Parliament and the Civil Service on policy development
- Conduct high quality research into the law, governance and media/political narrative, relevant to various sectors
- Liaise with clients to advise on reputation management, PR opportunities, and government and b2b relations
- Liaise with MPs, journalists, commentators, industry stakeholders and others, to design and deliver supportive PR for clients
- Manage client workstreams and complete all other necessary administration to ensure client service is maintained at the highest possible standard
Important skills and experience:
- Political research experience with a Member of Parliament for at least 12 months
- Experience liaising with journalists from regional, national or international news media
- Has coordinated/managed All Party Parliamentary Groups or has contributed to an MP’s work as a member of a select committee
- Worked with MPs, the civil service, businesses or campaign groups on policy development
- Has written speeches and articles on policy, business or other political affairs
- Governing party contacts
Closing Date: 5 March 2021
Interviews: as soon as possible.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please email us with your CV and with examples of how you believe you have the necessary experience. Formal cover letters are welcome, but we are most interested in your specific experience and we invite you to present that to us in whichever way you prefer.