Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 2 March 2021
Job Title: EU Policy Executive - Digital/Tech
Working For: DeHavilland
Salary: £26,000 plus bonuses
Length of Contract:
The next couple of years promise to be a fascinating period for digital policy in Brussels and Strasbourg. The Digital Services Act and the Digital Markets Act are due to be published this month and our clients are relying on us to keep them informed of their progress.
We are looking for a Policy Executive to join our EU Team to lead on digital policy. Our Policy Executives are the eyes and ears for our clients of what is going on in Brussels and Strasbourg. They provide live information and intelligence to help clients understand how the world of politics and policy impacts them, and we provide tools to help them more effectively engage with political stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Provide political intelligence and information to clients as it happens as well as in daily/weekly reports
• Produce ad-hoc research for customers, as well as contributing to the briefings that DeHavilland produces
• Responsibility for the everyday management of your accounts, making sure that all aspects of service delivery meet client expectations and records are adequately kept
• Listen in to votes and proceedings in the European Parliament and report on what happened
Your experience and knowledge
• A strong knowledge of EU policies and the political process
• Preferably some experience in digital and tech policy. At the very least an interest and desire to learn more about it.
• Experience of working in a political/public affairs role, ideally in Brussels. Experience working in the Parliament or Commission is desirable.
• Experience of building and developing excellent relationships
Your skills and attributes
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights and perspective on EU institutional/industry/civil society reports
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
Closing Date: 2 March 2021
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible so will be interviewing candidates in late Feb and early March.
Please send your application to Arran Russell and with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email needs to clearly state "EU Policy Executive Application".
At present we require candidates who have the right to work in the UK or are resident in Brussels.