Date Added: 16 February 2021
: 16 March 2021
Job Title: EU Public Affairs Senior Executive / Associate Director
Working For: Hanbury Strategy
Location: Brussels / London / Berlin / Europe / Internet
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Length of Contract:
Hanbury’s public affairs team is fast-growing and our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe
Hanbury’s EU Team has grown significantly since its formation. We are looking to bring on board an enthusiastic addition to our PA team, with significant proven experience (>3 years) working with or in media and politics, or in an agency, leading teams, advising clients from a variety of industries.
You will be adept at working across the full spectrum of PA activity, involved in a range of tasks and projects which might include:
- Acting as the primary liaison for PA and corporate communications clients.
- Researching and sourcing information for clients.
- Working with our researchers and policy analysts to produce detailed pieces of original analysis and due diligence.
- Helping to develop long-term media strategies and communications grids, and advising clients on press engagement.
- Drafting press releases, opinion pieces, briefing notes and background information documents.
- Proactively briefing stories to the media and dealing with reactive media enquiries.
- Taking on day to day project management responsibilities, ensuring a high standard of work for client programmes.
- Effectively managing teams to deliver against tight deadlines and supporting the development of junior colleagues.
- Assisting the firm’s Partners in spotting opportunities to develop and grow the business, and contributing ideas and taking part in pitches for new clients.
Hanbury is looking for driven individuals who will be:
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries.
- Not afraid to break new ground and find new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high-quality work and going the extra mile.
- Entrepreneurial in approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Interested in politics and the wider impact on our PA and corporate clients.
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, professional and a team player.
The following is desirable:
- Additional European languages (in particular Dutch, French, German, Italian or Spanish).
- Existing relationships in the European media landscape.
Closing Date: 16 March 2021
Please send both your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks.