Date Added: 17 February 2021
: 3 March 2021
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Feryal Clark MP (Enfield North)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Feryal Clark MP is looking for a Communications Officer to join her relatively new team, whose key roles will be to manage contacts with national media outlets, deliver effective social media content, drafts speeches and interventions, and some research support for her parliamentary responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Writing engaging and informative copy for the MPs social media channels
- Producing press releases, liaising with and monitoring coverage of the media, and meeting deadlines as appropriate
- Assisting in writing external communications including speeches for the MP
- Developing and maintaining current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including Motions, legislation, Hansard, and debates
- Researching local and national issues to support the MPs work
- Analysing patterns of enquiries, evaluating and interpretating data and producing reports to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and trends
- Maintaining the MPs social media presence and manage the MPs website content
- Publicising constituency and parliamentary activity through all appropriate channels
- Designing and leading local campaigns to progress the MPs priorities
- Producing newsletters
- Monitoring social media channels to respond appropriately to posts/comments
- Filming and editing videos and photographs, and creating high-quality graphics and infographics
Flexibility to meet the needs of the MP that may include unsociable hours and travel.
Skills and experience desired/required:
- Ability to work unsupervised and to manage and prioritise a challenging workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of campaigning
- Strong political sensitivity and initiative, with awareness and understanding of current political issues
- Produce traditional and electronic materials, including flyers, reports and surveys for use in constituent communications
- Proven experience and knowledge of social media growth strategies
- Ability to produce high quality written communications appropriate to the audience
- Experience of using social media platforms such as Facebook, including sponsored posts and target audiences
- Media and social media management skills, including digital video production and editing
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 March 2021
Interviews: w/c 8th March 2021
Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams or Zoom and will form two parts. One part standard Q&A session, second part discussion on the results of a small task to be completed prior to interview.
Start date from 1st April 2021
A written CV no longer than 2 sides of A4, along with a covering letter no longer than 1 side of A4.
You should refer to a successful campaign you have been involved in, showing how you successfully used social media, and an example of research you have carried out.
Please send via email with the subject line “Communications Officer Vacancy” to my Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org