Date Added: 17 February 2021
: 28 February 2021
Job Title: Policy Advisor (Public Affairs)
Working For: The Soil Association
Salary: £32,395 plus £2,000 London Weighting per year
Length of Contract: Permanent
Home-based in London with regular travel to the Bristol office
About our organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market and we protect forests.
We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
About the opportunity
Could you help us increase our impact with decision makers and influencers? We are looking for a talented and persuasive individual to advocate our case for more sustainable farming and better diets. The Soil Association with its great networks of innovative farmers and concerned citizens is an exciting organisation to work for, and the case for change has never been stronger, so come and join us!
You must be a clear and persuasive communicator with experience of influencing decisions, preferably having worked with parliamentarians. You’ll have a record of close team working, but also show that you can develop and manage your own work programme.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of stakeholder relationship management and contact management of senior stakeholders
- Experience of producing evidence-based policy briefings.
- Experience of developing and delivering advocacy strategies to achieve defined policy goals
- Experience of media interviews and writing blogs and articles for public and policy audiences
- Understanding of relevant farming, food and environmental issues such as the climate and biodiversity impact of farming and land use, organic and agroecological farming systems, agroforestry, soil health and healthy and sustainable diets
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Interviews are expected to take place: Online, 9th and 11th March 2021
Please visit our website to submit your application form: https://soilassociation.livevacancies.co.uk/#/
Please note we look at applications on arrival and reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
For any queries, including to be sent the full job description, please contact email@example.com.
Please note we do not accept CVs or Cover Letters.
Thank you for your interesting in supporting our work at The Soil Association.