Date Added: 21 February 2021
: 10 March 2021
Job Title: Communications and Public Affairs Executive
Working For: The Institute for Turnaround (IFT)
Salary: £25,000 depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The IFT is looking to hire a Communications and Public Affairs Executive to help develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and drive strategic objectives through communications. In so doing, you will work closely with our CEO, board, members, senior corporate partner connections and stakeholders. This role requires the ability to understand trends and issues in turnaround and business more generally. You will have strong communications and stakeholder relations skills.
Key role objectives:
- Working with the CEO on raising the profile of the organisation and turnaround externally
- Responsible for our communications plan, including creating content, defining and driving key messages and content out through communication channels and developing those channels
- Understanding and analysing trends in key issues of interest to the IFT and members, and advising on appropriate positions and responses
- Driving forward our stakeholder engagement approach, identifying value for each stakeholder group and mapping relationships
- Collaborating with the Professional Development Executive on our events programme, including our annual events; the IFT Awards Ceremony and the National conference
Criteria and how this will be measured
- An ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders is crucial - Application/ interview
- The ability to work independently, driving forward campaigns and projects using your own initiative - Application/interview
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, with the ability to adapt style depending on the audience - Application/Interview
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify matters of key interest - Application/Interview
- Ability to plan messages and content across different communication channels - Application /Interview
- Knowledge of, or ability to develop knowledge of, important business-related issues across a range of policy areas -Interview
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with demonstrable experiences of multitasking and prioritisation- Interview
Experience in an entry level communications, policy or PR role - Required
Experience in using multiple communications channels including digital - Required
Experience of working within policy - Desirable
Closing Date: 10 March 2021
35-hour week but with flexible working required from time to time.
At present working from home, but normally office based (London zone 1) with scope for working from home. Travel to meetings within London and occasionally further afield required.
Please submit your CV showing relevance for the role. If successfully longlisted, you may be asked to provide further information prior to interview for shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this role by applying on LinkedIn through this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2427107319/
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org