Date Added: 18 February 2021
: 8 March 2021
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Laura Farris MP (Newbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Laura Farris, Member of Parliament for Newbury, is looking for an experienced Senior Caseworker to join her team.
The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team, excellent organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Whilst not essential, a keen interest in politics and local affairs is desirable, and candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Taking initial action on queries from constituents, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate
• Gathering relevant information to resolve or progress cases
• Ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Management of complex cases
• Attending surgeries and meetings as appropriate
• Publicising the Member's parliamentary duties on social media
• Following up on social media queries and comments
• Managing constituency projects as required
• Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Researching local, regional or national issues to support the MP's work
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 March 2021
Interviews, which will include a short written exercise, will begin week commencing 15 March, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible. References will be required.
Suitable applicants may be appointed before the closing date, at which point this advert will be removed.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be a suitable candidate to email@example.com