Date Added: 18 February 2021
: 3 March 2021
Job Title: External Communications Manager
Working For: EDF
Salary: From £38,000 pa
Length of Contract: Permanent
EDF, one of the country’s largest energy companies and the largest producer of low-carbon electricity, is looking for a creative and experienced professional to join the media and political stakeholder relations team at the Hinkley Point C power station project in Somerset, working with the Senior External Communications Manager and the wider communications team at Hinkley Point C and EDF. This role forms part of a team which works flexibly across disciplines and projects, pulling together the best available expertise in a collaborative and supportive environment. As an External Communications Manager, you may find yourself leading communications projects and plans for a range of topics and you will be an expert in media relations as well as public affairs, with the ability to work across a range of communications activities including digital communications.
Day to day you will:
- Deliver and create a strategic external communications plan aligned to the priorities of Hinkley Point C.
- Commission and create content for publication via a range of external channels (e.g. EDF newsroom and digital channels) plus approve station newsletters.
- Work with the business to identify and escalate Hinkley Point C issues.
- Organise exercises, training of spokespeople and liaison with responding agencies, playing a key role in emergency planning.
- Participation in the out of hours duty press office rota providing a 24-hour on-call media response (c.one week in ten approx on out of hours press rota).
- Provide media relations support and maintain excellent relations with the national, regional and local media and Communicate to political stakeholders at all levels from national to local.
- Create and publish content about Hinkley Point C for digital and media audiences and be a key contact for leaders on issues covering media relations and public affairs.
- Media handling experience and able to demonstrate an interest in media.
- Evidence of external experience and interest in UK politics.
- Demonstrated success in the organisation and delivery of successful media and public affairs activities and events for a complex organisation.
- Ability to commission and publish content in media and digital channels.
- Energy experience helpful, but not mandatory.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring.
Closing Date: 3 March 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 8th March
To find out more about this opportunity and to apply please follow this link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=18086&company=EDFEDP&st=A4C80EA0171C08DF83D7B0374FB076114CECFE36