We are the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), an independent policy research organisation that aims to deliver positive change for the poorest people in the developing world.
The Green Economy Coalition (GEC)
Based in our Shaping Sustainable Markets Group, the Green Economy Coalition (GEC) is a network of over 50 organisations, with a secretariat hosted by IIED. The GEC works to support dialogue, exchange and the adoption of policy on green economy.
The GEC will need to gain the financial and organisational maturity to operate as their own legal entity and function as a flat engaging hub within a decentralised collaborative and learning network.
We are currently looking for an individual to join us and support the GEC’s growth. This is a part-time position, working four days per week.
- Benefits package
- Fast-paced and engaging work environment
- Get involved with work that will have an impact on a global scale
You will oversee the business and institutional development of the GEC.
Working with the GEC Convenor and Directors, you will assist with the planning, organisation and management of programmes and initiatives to drive the GEC’s strategy. You will ensure that all activity is consistent and aligns with our strategic aims and organisational theory of change.
To be considered, you will need:
- Project management experience, including managing contracts, budgets and people
- The proven ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects and deal with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Advanced knowledge of business software
- Fluent English communication skills and experience of editing others’ work
- A degree (or equivalent)
Experience of working in an international context would be beneficial, as would experience of managing EU-funded projects. An awareness of the actors, institutions and issues in the green economy and international development sectors would also be an advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
For further information please follow this link: https://app.webrecruit.co/JobSeeker/JobDescription/MmLBUzEF5rqMbwXnlLEUIkofW240tLQMiMu_Gim_uo4