Date Added: 21 February 2021
: 8 March 2021
Job Title: Projects Officer
Working For: Ostro Fayre Share Foundation
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Ostro Fayre Share Foundation works with faith communities and with entrepreneurs, in the UK and overseas to provide discrete support to each, and to promote collaboration between the two constituencies to tackle social challenges. Within faith communities, it seeks to improve relations between different faith communities, and strengthen the governance of faith institutions; it works with entrepreneurs to help their businesses achieve a social purpose, and to catalyse a sustainable recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
Much of this work is done in collaboration with partners, who belong to Government departments, SMEs, business representative organisations, and other charities.
The breadth of work is both the role’s greatest challenge, and its strongest asset: the postholder will be required to quickly build impactful relationships with senior stakeholders and use these to drive forward projects across both the faith and entrepreneurial aspects of the Foundation’s work. These separate strands of work often overlap, and the postholder will be responsible for identifying opportunities for synergy between disparate projects, and implementing plans to engage both faith and entrepreneurial constituencies in a common cause.
The primary role will be to work alongside the Projects Manager and Chairman in the planning, execution and completion of the comprehensive programme of work undertaken by the Foundation. It will include, but is not limited to the activities indicated below. The postholder will:
- Support the Projects Manager and Chairman across the projects adopted by the trustees, including the Business Action Council, entrepreneurial giving, and Faiths United. The PO will be required to develop strategies to transform opportunities into concrete action, and to drive progress in these. The postholder will need to be comfortable working with considerable autonomy.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the breadth of work of the Foundation, and propose new projects which bring faith and entrepreneurial communities together.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the broad range of partners involved in the Foundation’s work.
- Deliver research into projects and partners as may be required to support the trustees, the Chairman, Projects Manager, and trustees.
- Work within the delivery team as defined for other projects.
Closing Date: 8 March 2021
Interview date: w/c 8th March
Start date to be discussed with the candidate.
As well as a CV, candidates should answer the following questions in no more than 200
Describe a situation in which you have had to balance a number of competing demands and tight deadlines. How did you manage?
Describe a piece of work in which you brought two or more stakeholders together to achieve a goal that neither could achieve on their own.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'PO Application'.