Date Added: 23 February 2021
: 9 March 2021
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Rt. Hon. Gavin Williamson CBE MP (South Staffordshire)
Location: Codsall, South Staffordshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Gavin Williamson, MP for South Staffordshire and Secretary of State for Education, is looking for a correspondence assistant to join his friendly constituency office team in Codsall, South Staffordshire. The ideal candidate will be diligent and organised, with an aptitude for written communication.
The position will include:
- Drafting correspondence on local and national issues, carrying out research where necessary
- Logging and updating cases on the office database
- Handling queries confidentially and in line with data protection rules
The successful candidate is likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Detail-orientated with an excellent command of written English
- Strong research skills and the ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately
- Able to work independently as well as part of a small team
- A keen interest in current affairs
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 March 2021
Applicants will be required to take a written test. Interviews may take place before the closing date if the right candidate is found. We can offer some flexibility on start date.
Please email your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Correspondence Assistant - Job Application' and your name in the subject line.