Date Added: 23 February 2021
: 7 March 2021
Job Title: Caseworker (Fixed Term Contract)
Working For: Stephen Kinnock MP (Aberavon)
Location: Aberavon (currently working remotely)
Salary: £21,529 (per annum)
Length of Contract: fixed-term full-time contract, initially for two months but with the potential to convert to a permanent position
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about casework and supporting constituents on a range of issues directly affecting them, such as benefits, housing and immigration.
The Caseworker will join a well-established team and work alongside other caseworkers.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to Stephen’s constituents on a range of issues, including welfare and immigration amongst others, and help to resolve problems through communication with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and other organisations.
The role will include:
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate;
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public;
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases;
• Log all cases, monitor progress an ensure all identified actions are taken;
• Retain records an information confidentially and in line with GDPR;
• Draft responses to constituents.
Desirable skills & experience
• Previous experience of a constituency office is desirable;
• Be well organized, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and have an eye for detail;
• Good communication and people skills and confident when interacting with people;
• Ability to manage expectations of constituents in sometimes challenging circumstances;
• Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Competent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office;
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and politically aware.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 March 2021
Interviews will be virtual and will commence the week of 15 March / As soon as possible by mutual agreement.
Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter indicating how you meet the experience and skills detailed in job description and person specification to Cari Morgans at email@example.com