Date Added: 23 February 2021
: 5 March 2021
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Pat McFadden MP (Wolverhampton South East)
Location: Constituency office and remote working during pandemic
Salary: In line with IPSA scales
Length of Contract: Fixed Term (12 months) with the potential to move to a permanent contract
Main duties will include,
- Dealing with large number of standard queries from members of the public by phone/social media/online/face to face and drafting replies
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Monitor and update social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Produce press releases and liaise with media
- Assisting the MP at advice surgeries, digital meetings, events and visits
- Assist with diary management and organisation of events and meetings
- Assisting with the wider work of the team.
The successful application should have,
- Excellent written, communication and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Pat's work and Wolverhampton South East Constituency
- Experience of using caseworker.mp, office 365, social media platforms, digital video production and editing
- Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working for an MP is desirable
- A full UK driving licence and car is desirable.
The post may require some weekend and evening work where time off in lieu will be given.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 March 2021
Successful applicants will be notified by email to attend an interview and written test online.
To apply please e-mail a CV and covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com, with the subject “Constituency Assistant"