Date Added: 23 February 2021
: 12 March 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon David Jones MP (Clwyd West)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA guidelines
Length of Contract:
Mr Jones is seeking to appoint a constituency-based Caseworker.
This is a part-time position.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a strong team player, with excellent attention to detail, and preferably experience working in an MP’s office.
- Previous Parliamentary experience desirable;
- Welsh speaker desirable;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong proactive work ethic;
- Ability to work independently.
- Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public;
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face;
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the data protection legislation;
- Draft responses to constituents;
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
- Provide generalist admin support;
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 March 2021
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Interested applicants should email their CV with a one-page covering letter, outlining their interest in, and suitability for, the role and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org