Date Added: 23 February 2021
: 26 February 2021
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Stephanie Peacock MP (Barnsley East)
Location: Barnsley East (possibly working remotely during lockdown)
Salary: in line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Temporary cover until 31 March 2021
Stephanie Peacock MP is looking to recruit a highly motivated Constituency Support Officer to support the work of her busy office.
As part of a team, the successful candidate will ensure that correspondence received by the Member is recorded and progressed appropriately on the Member’s behalf.
• Undertaking research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects.
• Drafting policy responses to constituents and correspondence to Ministers.
• Log and monitor policy casework correspondence received using Caseworker.mp software, including the tagging and tracking of relevant trends and topics, in line with GDPR
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• A keen political awareness and be sympathetic to the values of the Labour Party.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
• Clear and concise writing style
Please note that all Stephanie’s staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions. This is constantly under review and when it is safe to do so, the successful candidate will work from the Constituency Office in Barnsley East.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 February 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Interviews will be held via zoom.
To apply, please email your cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the position and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'NAME': CONSTITUENCY SUPPORT OFFICER APPLICATION.
We will only contact successful applicants. However, please feel free to contact my office if you have not heard anything by 5 March 2021 and my staff will be able to advise you whether you have been shortlisted.